Consolidating a cell range from multiple worksheets - need final step

mhagerman

So I've been through multiple tutorials and online examples and I feel like I'm almost there but none of them have examples of using a range instead of a single value.

I have a directory full of 24 files and I want to do the automated equivalent of copying and pasting the same data range of C2:E10 from all 24 files into one table. Better still would be to copy only C2:C10 and E2:E10 (leave out column D).

How do I specify a range (not a named range) instead of a single cell reference when using Power Query?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Matt Allington

MrExcel MVP
I suggest you do this
1 give a name to the 2 ranges you want to import In one of your workbooks
2 import a named ranges.
3 turn on the formula bar and Look at the M code. substitute the name with the range and see if it works.

Alternatively, import the sheet and navigate to the ranges that way.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arnie58

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...