Consolidating daily data series by date

Elvis

Hello there,

I have several excel worksheets that I want to consolidate. In each sheet, column A contains a daily date field; column B contains the value for those dates.

But the length of each series is not the same, some series could start in 1998, others in 2004 and even when the periods covered overlap, not every date will have a value for all the series.

I need to create a summary sheet of all this data grouping by date. So in the summary sheet, Column A would have the dates and then each successive column (B, C D E etc) would have the data values associated for the given date. Where a particular series does not have a value for a given date, I want that particular cell to be populated with the value “-“or left blank.

To help acheive this task, in the summary sheet I could create a date field covering every potential date that each series could have. Then I guess I would just need some kind of code or look up function that would bring in the data frpom the individual sheets aligned by date.

Note - To-date, I have been consolidating the data by importing each series/worksheet into Access and then joining each series in a query using the data field, and copy the results into excel. A very manual and time consuming process, also now the number of series have increased dramaticly.

Thanks

The King

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hello,

Further to my post below a few days ago, does anyone have any idea how I could automate what I want to do?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Elvis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back