Consolidating Workbooks in a folder into one Workbook

jinxgj

Hello all,

I am brand new to the forum and have done a search for the answer I am looking for but none of the current posts do what I want and I have got in a bit of a muddle now, so I decided to ask outright - I hope someone with a brain much bigger than my own can help me solve my problem.

So:

I have created a folder in which are several workbooks.
Each workbook is the same format, same calculations and layout, but with different data from different business areas.
Each workbook has several sheets which are called different things depending on which workbook they reside in, and each workbook has a consolidation sheet that sums up the other sheets using the formula =SUM('0:1'!CELLREF) so that it sums up the sheets placed between 2 sheets labelled 0 and 1 with no data in them, and allows us to add and remove sheets for summary in that workbook.

What I want to do is create another workbook (Summary) which imports all the sheets less the consolidation sheets from the other workbooks and has its own consolidation sheets in which it carries the same formula to allow insertion and removal of individual data sheets as before.

On top of this, it must do this for whatever workbooks are present in the folder, so we can add or remove entire workbooks easily.

I hope that all makes sense, and I would like to thank you all for having a look and hopefully being able to assist.

Thanks

Gaz

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back