constantly running macro?

zilch4ry

Board Regular
hi everyone,

is there anyway of running a macro constantly? I mean instead of assigning it to a macro button, which the user will have to manually press to run.

Any help will be appreciated,

Tom

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
sure,

I am producing an excel spreadsheet for an ICT task which involves creating an ordering system for a restaurant. To begin the user will enter a quantity into the assigned cell next to each item they wish to purchase, then that information is shown in a final order screen. I have a macro (which I gained from help on here) which hides or shows certain rows in the final order, based on whether or not they have a quantity of 1 or higher in the assigned cell.

The question i have is, "is it possible to run the macro which hides or shows cells automatically, instead of having to manually click the assigned macro button every time an order changes?"

I hope that can help you, help me ;)

Upvote 0
... The question i have is, "is it possible to run the macro which hides or shows cells automatically, instead of having to manually click the assigned macro button every time an order changes?"

I can't imagine how that would work. Can you describe how you think this would work exactly?

Surely all options would have to be available at the start of an order, and then rows be hidden when the order is placed .... not as you go ... how would you know when to hide cells, what would be the trigger?

Upvote 0
We could have a separate procedure monitor the cells where you enter quantity for changes, and then have that call the macro automatically. Can you describe what range you enter quantities on, as well as the name of the other macro?

Upvote 0
Have you considered having a stock sheet and then look to use Validations with VLookup and IF statement,

Validation gives drop down of code (food item), Vlookup gives you the item and cost etc, If statement to keep data invisible until you select from validation.

See sample below, small stock sample then if and vlookup

Excel Workbook
BCDE
1Fruit and Veg Stall
2CodeStockPriceLevel Remaining
3A1Apples0.4563
4A2Bananas0.6278
5A3Pears0.87456
6A4Oranges0.9565
7A5Grapes0.56635
8A6Potatoes3.21214
9A7Tomato's0.41289
10A8Onions0.63381
11A9Mushrooms0.238963
12A10Lettus0.7485
14CodeStockPriceLevel Remaining
15A6Potatoes3.21214
Lookup Functions

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back