Control one cell with 2 dropdownlists

Ibonic

Help required to complete formula for 2 drop downlists

Hi all, please find attached link to spreadsheet that I'm working on. I have one cell that is fed by a table that I'm trying to match up numbers from but controlling the outcome of the cell by two different drop down lists. I have been struggling with this to make it work and don't know if it is possible, any help would be appreciated. The first drop down is in cell (D3) it controls the pitch, the other drop down list is in cell (A23) it controls the product, in cell (K23) is where the the number comes up that I'm trying to achieve, as you can see on the spreadsheet I have been able to make it give me the first answer correct from the table, but I'm unable to finish the formula. Here is the link to the spreadsheet, it's downloadable. Thank you https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B50j4eNSlSxjQVNqdzhIal95bEU/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Re: Help required to complete formula for 2 drop downlists

Sorry to all there, first time using google drive, didn't realize I could set it for public viewing the spreadsheet, its now viewable to the public, thank you

Upvote 0

Try:

=INDEX('DROP-BOXES'!J23:J121,MATCH(1,INDEX(('DROP-BOXES'!H23:H121=A23)*('DROP-BOXES'!I23:I121=D3),),FALSE))

Upvote 0

The formula works great Andrew, thank you for your help, I tried all different variations of Vlookup and Match and was unsuccessful. Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back