control textboxes issue

Sissyfoo

Hi,

I'm having some serious grief with these control-based textboxes.

For some reason that I cannot fathom, every time I click into one of the boxes to enter in some random text the font size changes. In the properties box the font size is set at 10-Arial but after, say, 10 clicks in and out of the text box the size of the font has magically changed to about 20-Arial. I honestly can't figure out what is going on...

The same seems to happen on several of the labels on the page as well.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on as I'm getting a little bit frazzled with this p.o.s. spreadsheet. :)

I would use draw-based text boxes but they are too easily deleted by the user and not as secure as the control-based ones...at least, from what I have seen.

Thanks very much for your help. :)

/edit The text boxes on another sheet actually SHRINK in size when you click in and out of them several times. What in the hell is going on here?!? :(

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Are the textboxes on a worksheet, or on a userform? If on a worksheet, you might think about putting them on a userform. I've had this same thing happen to controls on a worksheet (moving, resizing) but when I moved them to a userform, I didn't have issues like that.

If you have to have them on a worksheet, you might see if there's any way you can use Data, Validation instead.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
Boo hiss. :(

I'll give the userform idea a try and see what happens there. I'm a little bit gutted that my worksheet-based txtboxes aren't going to work properly ... especially after I spent 5 friggin' hours formatting them to look spiffy. ****, that's depressing. :)

Upvote 0
I think I have found a temporary fix...of sorts.

If you group the items that are causing you grief (in my case about 4-5) and then in design mode right-click and 'format object' and 'click move and size with cells' then you seem to get less chuffing up of text and formatting (to use the technical term).

I'll see how it goes...

I can't really use userforms for this as it is supposed to be a nifty looking report for the directors of the company and they lurrrve their pretty graphics. I guess I will just have to attach a memo saying something like "Don't, for the love of God, click on ANYTHING!!" :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Sissyfoo said:
I can't really use userforms for this as it is supposed to be a nifty looking report for the directors of the company and they lurrrve their pretty graphics.

I should think that they'd like the fact that, with a userform, you can make Excel look like you're not even running Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back