Control Toolbox Combobox button size

RAM

Hi,

When I change the size of the Combo Box from Control Toolbox the width of the actual button doesn't get any wider. Can that get changed?

Thanks

RAM

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi RAM,

I believe that with the Control Toolbox (ActiveX) controls the dropdown arrows and other similiar features are designed to maintain a consistent look with other windows controls, which is why we are not give a property we can change to set the dropdown arrow width. As a result, I'm pretty sure that you have to change ALL dropdown arrow widths--which you can do from the Windows Display Properties dialog (right-click on the windows desktop, select Properties, select the Appearance tab, select "Scrollbar" in the Item dropdown, then set the Size property. Note that "arrows" include those at the ends of scrollbars, etc.

Damon

Upvote 0
Thanks Damon,

That did it! It also increased the size of the tabs, and that was also an un-requested wish I had. I wanted to do this after I observed someone working on a non-Excel program selecting from drop down lists and entering values from an pop-up on-screen number board using the mouse only. I was very impressed of the speed the operator worked with. The interface had really large drop downs and buttons and I realized the size does matter when you want speed and started to remarkably increase the size of my drop downs and buttons, but got stuck sizing the button in the combo box.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back