Controlling the File Name when Saving as Web Page (impos?)

meeple

Curse you excel!! I save a page as a webpage, choose save graph only (above the box that has a checkbox to add interactivity) and excel autmatically names the .gif that is produced AND controls where it goes in my files (creating a file in the process).

Here is how to create my problem: Make a new workbook, and delete sheet 1 and 2. Make a graph (the data can be on the same page but mine is in a separate master workbook.) Save as Webpage. Choose to publish/save graph only. Give it a name (say JacksStats)

Excel creates a file called "JacksStats_Files" and and html doc saved as "JacksStats" Inside the the file "JacksStats_Files" are 2 items: (1) "filelist" and (2) "Book1_1884_image001" (or whatever your excel names it)

This image (naming) I need more control of. Basically I want a macro that saves 100 different graphs, on 100 different worksheets, and names each of these by name (MaryStats; FredStats, JoeStats, etc.) So when I ftp the file of (TeamStats, which has all individual 100 charts inside it) to my website, the updated graphs with each day's new info is always in the right place. But if I have to hand rename all these each day that would be impossoble. So, either:

(1) I need a way to control what excel names these image files AND to be able to control where it saves them (although I could work around that if I could just control the name) OR
(2) I need a whole new workaround-- I am having a hard time imagining what this could be but I am open to all suggestions! (I don't want the entire websheet "Jack's stats, because excel saves with lots of other gunk and I want control over how the and where the gif is placed on my webpage. so in theory it is best if I get control over the gif and not use the filelist, the html page, the extra file folder and the image...)

Thanks!!!

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Please O please! I beg, does anyone have any ideas? I am a desperate newbie completely stuck in the quicksand unable to do the next step of my project until I figure out a way to solve this!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back