controlsource property problem

marus_b

Hello,

I am writing a program in VBA which is based on forms with a variety of textboxes, command buttons, and other controls. I have used the controlsrouce property, programatically, to establish a two way relationship between an individual cell and an individual textbox on my form. It worked just fine for a while, and then all of the sudden it stopped working. Basically the value in the cell is still updated if I enter new text in my textbox. But, for instance, if I clear/change the contents of that cell, the value of the textbox will not be updated. Therefore it seems that now the relationship is working only one way. Did anybody ever encounter such problem? Is there anything that I'm missing here?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Solved my problem. Hopefully this will help someone else in the future. I have run a "repair" feature on my Microsoft Office Professional 2007 bundle, and it did a trick. Now the controlsource property is working like a charm. And yes, I did have the Service Pack 1 installed. Interesting, unexpected and still not clear why would something like this happen, but at least it's back to normal (for now!).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back