Convert Columns Data to Rows Data

elbarauljr

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone!

I have a spreadsheet to convert the (attached picture) in green to rows in yellow. Is there possible formula or code to create the remining data from rows 7 thru 24 to columns L thru V) ?

Here is steps example for manual input (to convert green row 2 into yellow rows 2, 3 and 4) :

1. Transpose not empty amounts in row 2 (columns D thru J) into column V
2. Combine column C2 value with row 1 values were amount is not empty and input in column P
3. Repeat column B2 value in column S for the not empty amounts in row 2

Workbook don't have specific name, just the opened and active spreadsheet.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Sample Data.jpg
    Sample Data.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 19

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Use Power Query (Get and Transform Data found on the Data Tab) to unpivot your data. You have posted a picture which I cannot manipulate. If you wish to see exact application, then reload your data using XL2BB. See my signature for instructions.

Upvote 0
Try this:

VBA Code:
Sub Convert_Columns_To_Rows()
  Dim a As Variant, b As Variant
  Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long, n As Long

a = Range("A1:J" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3).Row).Value
  n = WorksheetFunction.Count(Range("D:J"))
  ReDim b(1 To n, 1 To 11)

For i = 2 To UBound(a, 1)
    For j = 4 To UBound(a, 2)
      If a(i, j) <> "" Then
        k = k + 1
        b(k, 1) = a(i, 1)
        b(k, 5) = a(i, 3) + a(1, j)
        b(k, 8) = a(i, 2)
        b(k, 11) = a(i, j)
      End If
    Next
  Next

Range("L2").Resize(k, UBound(b, 2)).Value = b
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Convert Columns Data to Rows Data
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Peter_SSs, you are correct. My computer only allowed me to attached a picture to this site, instead of the actual file. I thought a picture was not enough to convey the need. I requested the post to be deleted from the other site. Thanks

Upvote 0
As I mentioned above, it is acceptable in this forum to cross-post, we just want links to the other posts so helpers can check if the question has been answered there if they want to.

In relation to providing sample data/results in this forum:
MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Peter_SSs, Thank you, I will try the XL2BB Add-in the next time as the actual sample is definitely better than a picture.

DanteAmor, I tried your code and performed the needed actions. It even allow to add more data in columns A thru J to be converted into individual rows on columns L thru V. Thank you so much for the quick response !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back