Convert COUNTIFS to Sum Product?

Jhpirate

So I have been try for the past hour or so to get this formula working but this is the best I could come up with
=COUNTIFS('PASTE HERE'!$D$2:$D$1000000,A11,'PASTE HERE'!$J$2:$J$1000000,"Outbound",'PASTE HERE'!$I$2:$I$1000000,">0")
is there any way to convert this to a sum-product or something so it can actually detect if the values are greater than 0.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
That looks correct..

It will count rows where D=A11 AND J="Outbound" AND I>0

Are you sure it's the >0 part that is not working?
Seperate the functions to verify, what do these show?

=COUNTIFS('PASTE HERE'!$D$2:$D$1000000,A11,'PASTE HERE'!$J$2:$J$1000000,"Outbound")
And
=COUNTIFS('PASTE HERE'!$I$2:$I$1000000,">0")

Perhaps the values in I are not really numeric, they could be numbers stored as text
What does this return
=ISNUMBER('PASTE HERE'!$I2) - Fill down.

Upvote 0
Your formula worked just fine for me. Can you give an example of what didn't work? Have you verified that all of your criteria are met?

Excel 2010
AB
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B11=COUNTIFS('PASTE HERE'!$D$2:$D$1000000,A11,'PASTE HERE'!$J$2:$J$1000000,"Outbound",'PASTE HERE'!$I$2:$I$1000000,">0")

Excel 2010
ABCDEFGHIJ
2121Outbound
PASTE HERE

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The biggest problem is the numbers that are involved in the calculation are stored as text or an otherwise unreadable format that excel is very picky about. The original formula that I had was
COUNTIFS('PASTE HERE'!$D$2:$D$1000000,A11,'PASTE HERE'!$J$2:$J$1000000,"Outbound")
I tied to change it so that the formula would count only values greater than 0 but it only spits out 0 in return when I know there should be something close to 44

Upvote 0
You need to convert those to real numbers.

Try copying a blank/empty cell
Highlight column I
Right Click - Paste Special - Values - Add
OK

Upvote 0
If at all possible I would like to avoid converting the data because this sheet is going to be used with different data every week so it needs to allow for the data in the format that it is already in. I'm pretty sure the problem with the calculation is that the numbers are stored in a time format like 00:00:00 and it's not actually formatted like time. Is there any way around this within the formula? I know this is confusing if clarification needed let me know.

Upvote 0
Actually, I think I just solved my problem. My original formula was correct except I needed to make it look like this
=COUNTIFS('PASTE HERE'!$D$2:$D$1000000,A11,'PASTE HERE'!$J$2:$J$1000000,"Outbound",'PASTE HERE'!$I$2:$I$1000000,">00:00:000")
I don't get why it has to be 00:00:000, but this makes it work exactly as needed

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back