Convert Excel Formula To Access

bwlytkr

Board Regular
I am trying to convert an excel formula in access but don't have the knowledge to do so. Is there a way to convert this excel formula to run with my access query? This is what I am using in Excel. =IF(S2<1825,"< 5 Years Old",IF(AND(S2>1824),"> 5 Tears Old")). The Access database name is Raw_NJUNS and Column "S" is NTG Interval. I tried several things but, keep getting errors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

bwlytkr

Board Regular
I got it to work by using this formula in case anyone needs this in the future

<>5YRS_OLD: IIf([NTG INTERVAL]<=1825,"< 5yrs",IIf([NTG INTERVAL]>1825,"> 5yrs"

xenou

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
I guess you could also try:
<>5YRS_OLD: IIf([NTG INTERVAL]<=1825,"< 5yrs","> 5yrs")

stumac

Similar with your Excel formula the second IF and the AND function are not required. If can return one value if true and another if false. IF,Then,Else.

Code:
=IF(S2>1825,">","<")&" 5 Years Old"

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Similar with your Excel formula the second IF and the AND function are not required. If can return one value if true and another if false. IF,Then,Else.
Note that Access does NOT have an "IF" function. It has an "IIF" function.
Access VBA has a IF...THEN function that works similarly to Excel's VBA equivalent.

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • find many based on a certain criteria
    good evening, I hope someone can help me? I have a workbook sheet 2 contains lots of data.... I would like to be able to find anything on sheet...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...
  • Text Format
    I have a sheet for user to keyin the data. The format of the data can be 451 / 1903, 0012 / 9908 or 00287 / 0099. The number after the "/" is...
  • Syntax errors
    Good Morning, Trying to compile a workbook, I keep getting a few errors. Here are the first two: [code=rich]Syntax Error: Function...