Convert number in figures to words

RAJESH1960

Banned for repeated rules violations
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I am trying to convert a number in figures to words. It works correctly when the number is a 9 digit number. But if I enter a less than 8 digit number I don't get the expected answer. When I convert the figures into words, I do not want the headings in Row 4 to display, if the Cells in Row 5 is blank. Please enter a 9 digit number in cell C2 and check yourself to understand.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 26

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
I am trying to convert numbers into words without using VBA. Here is the other image where I get the correct answer. But when I type a 1 to 7 digits I want the words not to display the unwanted Headings to display from the row 4. I want to replace and insert the right formula in cell A8 to do that

Attachments

• 2Untitled.png
    2Untitled.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
Hi Rajesh,
I had a similar problem a little while ago and had trouble with the teens. I have a non vba solution which turns values into something like "One Million, Two Hundred and Fifty-Seven Dollars and Thirteen Cents" The formulas and set-up are fairly complex, but if you think it might help, please send me a message so that I can let you have the workbook.
GB

Upvote 0
Hi Rajesh,
I had a similar problem a little while ago and had trouble with the teens. I have a non vba solution which turns values into something like "One Million, Two Hundred and Fifty-Seven Dollars and Thirteen Cents" The formulas and set-up are fairly complex, but if you think it might help, please send me a message so that I can let you have the workbook.
GB
Thanks GB, You never know how helpful it will be. I would like to go through your workbook. Please....

Upvote 0
Hi Rajesh,
I think I need an email address to let you have the workbook, i.e. start a conversation. Is there another way I can get it to you?
GB

Upvote 0
Hi Rajesh,
I think I need an email address to let you have the workbook, i.e. start a conversation. Is there another way I can get it to you?
GB
Sorry. I don't think that is possible. I have unknowingly broken the rules a few times. I would like to respect them. Still if you free to share it in the forum then it might be helpful to others too who are looking for the same information.
  • Rule #4:
Do not invite another member to take the question off the forum (i.e. do not suggest that they post to a different forum, do not suggest that they email or private message you the problem, do not simply post a link to another forum, unless it is to a specific, relevant, thread). This applies equally to members asking or answering questions.

Upvote 0
Hi Ragesh,
I'm trying not to break the forum rules. Anyone who thinks the workbook might be helpful is welcome to it, it's just that I don't know that it's possible to get it to you any other way. The worksheet contains a number of formulas in a grid pattern that allow numbers up to a billion to be converted. It would be impracticable to try to represent them all here. It's a .xlsx file.

Attachments

• Currency.jpg
    Currency.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
@Giordano Bruno
Post your workbook to a hosting site, dropbox for instance, and then either post the link to it back here....or into a conversation with @RAJESH1960

Upvote 0
Worked perfectly....well done....something learned today ! (y) (y)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back