Converting data from PDF list to Excel. HELP!

CMG32

I'm working for a campaign and we have an invite mailer going out. I was told to get the list to the girl handling everything with the printers. Of course, last minute, I realized that the Voter Vault list was PDF and I want to make it easier for the household names/addresses to be used by the printer so I wan tto put it in Excel. I'd like to have this done BEFORE the sun comes up hopefully. We have over 2500 mailers going out and I do not have the time or energy to do these all manually. I found this site while googling for help and you guys seem incredible smart in this, so I'm crossing my fingers its a quick and painless process, if not then at least a shorter process than manually reentering.

Here's what the original PDF list looks like:
15dt8c0.jpg

and here is what it looks like when i attempt to paste it (i knew it wouldn't turn out right, but just to aid in visualizing)
34y1opl.jpg

Any little things you think may help or little tidbits of advice are greatly appreciated. I am praying there is an answer of some kind!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
there is a useful program which can help you. pm me for details as advertising is generally not considered good etiquat here at mrexcel. i have no affilliation with the program and do not benefit from its distrubution

Upvote 0
Hi CMG and welcome to the Board
It's easy, but you have to pay for it. There are heaps of Free trials websites but they usually only do one page. You basically need to buy the UnPDF software.

Upvote 0
well maybe you don't MM :)

best get a game in before the heat wave i think

Upvote 0
I'm working for a campaign and we have an invite mailer going out. I was told to get the list to the girl handling everything with the printers. Of course, last minute, I realized that the Voter Vault list was PDF and I want to make it easier for the household names/addresses to be used by the printer so I wan tto put it in Excel. I'd like to have this done BEFORE the sun comes up hopefully. We have over 2500 mailers going out and I do not have the time or energy to do these all manually. I found this site while googling for help and you guys seem incredible smart in this, so I'm crossing my fingers its a quick and painless process, if not then at least a shorter process than manually reentering.

Here's what the original PDF list looks like:
15dt8c0.jpg

and here is what it looks like when i attempt to paste it (i knew it wouldn't turn out right, but just to aid in visualizing)
34y1opl.jpg

Any little things you think may help or little tidbits of advice are greatly appreciated. I am praying there is an answer of some kind!

Is the data when pasted in Column A text?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back