Converting Excel to a dba file to Import into Goldmine

RonRothstein

Iam having the most difficult time taking info off a spreadsheet and converting it to a dba file. This is the first time I am doing it so I do not even know if I am doing it correctly. Then I think I have to do some sort of mapping but I am not sure what that is. If anyone could help me I would be thankful!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
I'm not sure about .dba files but when I save data to a .dbf file I have to name the range I'm saving as "database" before I can save the file correctly.

Upvote 0
Hi prob the only one who uses Goldmine on this site, your need to explain EXACTly what you are doing, im no expert in GM 2002 thou: but ill have a go!!

Jack

Upvote 0
I have basic address and client information. I don't know if I convert the files correctly. I leave the headers on the first line in the spreadsheet - Name, Address, etc. Is that correct? I thought when I import the info it would help me map the data. Also, do I use create database after I import the data or do I need to do that at all? I keep getting an error message before it goes to the mapping function in GM. I must be converting the file wrong, but I don't know where I am going wrong! UGH!!! Any help is appreciated.
Ron

Upvote 0
Hi this is going to sound very stupid BUT

Please can you tel my click by click drop down by drop down EXACTLY what you have done.

lets say excel.xls in in My Docs and go from there ....

IE
Click file select import blar blar

Ill try EXACTLY what you are doing and work from there

Also change the data but can you post the top 2 lines of the top be imported excel file

ie
name Number date amount whtever
Jack 123 25/9/02 100 what

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back