Converting HTML to Excel

SOXY

Can anyone help on this one please. I have a large HTML file (13mb) which is output from an application. I need to convert it to Excel so I can manipulate it but however I try iit hangs. I have trfied copy and past and changing the file extension - no success....

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Can anyone help on this one please. I have a large HTML file (13mb) which is output from an application. I need to convert it to Excel so I can manipulate it but however I try iit hangs. I have trfied copy and past and changing the file extension - no success....

Any suggestions??

Thanks

few things to try

1. try to open directly with excel

2. open in html copy and paste in wordpad save as txt then import in excel

is it helps if not what are the problems

Upvote 0
From the OP:

"<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Thanks - tried all this. If I use the copy to text route I lose the split into clomuns in some instances. The problem is the size of the file. With smaller files no problem I can copy and paste straight into excel. I tried doing it bit by bit but its not really the solution as it takes forever and I am going to have to do this reguilarly...... </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>"

To the OP - don't use the report buttons to reply to a thread, use the reply buttons :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back