Paulo H

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
I have a workbook with several sheet in it, one being “Prices”

This needs to be updated and at the moment the prices are sent to me on another workbook

what I have to do is highlight the prices on the sheet on the master price list and copy then paste into the “Prices” sheet on my workbook

what I want is vba that will be available as a macro in my workbook to import the latest prices from the master prices sheet in the other workbook and overwrite the “Prices” in my workbook

suggestions please

Hi

The images are after the macro is run the first time it is clicked seem to create sheet6 then when clicked again it certainly resorts to sheet to which then is ok. What seems to work is to run the macro by clicking once then running again then all seems fine, its as if it pauses between creating Master prices and then deleting the old prices then renaming to Prices

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hi

The images are after the macro is run the first time it is clicked seem to create sheet6 then when clicked again it certainly resorts to sheet to which then is ok. What seems to work is to run the macro by clicking once then running again then all seems fine, its as if it pauses between creating Master prices and then deleting the old prices then renaming to Prices
After you run the first time, did you look at Sheet6 (tab name "Prices") to see if it has the updated content you are wanting? I may not have communicated the process the macro carries out well enough. Here's some additional information.

Let's say the destination workbook has a sheet tab name "Prices" and a sheet code name Sheet2 so it appears as Sheet2(Prices) in the VBE project screen. When you run the macro a new sheet with tab name "master prices" is copied to your workbook. Excel will assign to it a sequential code name Sheetx, so if there were ever only 5 sheets in your workbook, the code name and tab name both become Sheet6. Next, the macro deletes Sheet2(Prices). It then changes the tab name Sheet6 to Prices and is now Sheet6(Prices) in the VBE window. BUT, that's not the original Sheet2(Prices) sheet, its the updated info you want from the "master price list" workbook.

You should not have to run the macro again to provide that update.

Upvote 0
Hi

yes I understand what is happening. The problem I have is that another macro I run seems to look for sheet2(prices) and throws an error.
As I mentioned when I run twice it seems to then reset the sheetx to sheet2 so will allow the other macro to work

Is there away to get it to default to sheet2?

Upvote 0
Hi

yes I understand what is happening. The problem I have is that another macro I run seems to look for sheet2(prices) and throws an error.
As I mentioned when I run twice it seems to then reset the sheetx to sheet2 so will allow the other macro to work

Is there away to get it to default to sheet2?
Why not have the other macro look for a sheet with tab name "Prices"? No need to use the code name of that sheet if it will always be named "Prices". If you need help with that, post the other code and I will attempt to suggest a modification.

It would have been good to mention the impact of this other macro earlier - would have saved me the time spent retesting the code I gave you. :mad:

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi
Sorted! change all the sheets2 to "Prices"

I thought I had change all these before but some were lost deep in the code

Many thanks for all your help

Brilliant

Upvote 0
Hi
Sorted! change all the sheets2 to "Prices"

I thought I had change all these before but some were lost deep in the code

Many thanks for all your help

Brilliant
You are welcome - thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back