Copy and overwriting sheets

jsolomon

Board Regular
Hi,
Is there any way to copy a sheet from one book to another and have it overwrite the sheet insead of it renaming it?

Thanks,

Joe

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Joe

What are you actually trying to do?

Could you please elaborate?

Upvote 0
Sure, I have 3 work books. 1 is a list of customers with accompaning data, 1 is an invoice template, and 1 is a timesheet template. The timesheet and invoice both need to contain data from the customer data workbook, and there will be more workbooks developed that will rely on the same Customer data. However, there is some information in the customer workbook that we do not want employees to have access to, so the option of linking directly to is is ruled out. The customer's data book is constantly changing as customers are being added, removed and changed in general. The customer data book also have referenced names that are used to populate fields in the invoice and timesheet. So what I would like to do is create an "update macro". I would like to copy the sheet from the Customer's Data Workbook into the Timesheet or invoice template so that the formulas can be referenced independently within its book. However, the problem i'm running into is whenever it copies it over, it renames the sheet ('Sheet1 (1)') rather than overwriting the existing sheet in the timesheet/invoice. So in essense, I have Sheet1, Sheet1 (1), Sheet1 (2), etc. When my vlookup formula goes to look for it, it is looking at the old unrenamed sheet, and populating old information.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickdozaj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back