Copy and Paste - It shouldn't be this difficult!!

Grunter70

When I copy a cell and then try to scroll to the cell i want to paste into using the arrow keys, the cell i've copied loses its ability to be pasted. ie. Its as if i've pressed ESC and the flashing border on the copied cell disappears. The only way around this is if i select the cell i want to paste into with my mouse. Which isn't ideal for a regular paster like myself.

Does anyone know how (somewhere in Options?) i set it back so i can happily scroll around pasting where ever i want using the arrow keys?

thanks

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
What version of Excel are you using, mine is letting me copy and then arrow key around before pasting it back in again.

Upvote 0
There's no code in any of the modules.

Its Excel 2003.

It never used to be a problem. I think the problems been there since one of the automatic windows updates ran on my laptop.

cheers

Upvote 0
We actually had a similar problem on one of our computers. It was the fact that a key was sticking. I can't remember if it was the shift key or something else, but it did the exact same thing. We changed keyboards and it works fine now.

Just a thought,
Michael

Upvote 0
I've cracked it - And its a weird one. It had something to do with the Num Lock being on - Although i was using the arrow keys that are independant to the number pad. Thanks to all for trying to help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back