copy and paste item selected from a listbox

PiBi

Hi all,
i'm trying to set up a code which allow me to copy the selected items in a listbox and to past them in some cells in excel.
the problem is that i don't know the code to "explain" that the selected item has to be copied and pasted somewhere in the open sheet.
I tried this but it does not wotk . is there someone able to help me please?

actually i do not know how to write the code to explain that i need to copy the selected value and subsequently to paste it in a cell in excel.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
For i = 0 To ListBox1.ListCount - 1
If ListBox1.Selected(i) = True Then
ActiveSheet.Range("a1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select = ListBox1.Text
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, operation:=xlNone, skipblanks:=False, Transpose:=False
End If
Next
End Sub

thanks a lot, bye

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Forget about copy/paste,try

Code:
ActiveSheet.Range("a1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).value= ListBox1.Text

Upvote 0
**** it does not work too...

i have tried this, but I still don't know how to write the code (after the red code) to paste the selected item in the listbox...

For i = 0 To ListBox1.ListCount - 1
If ListBox1.Selected(i) = True Then
Range("bh1").Select
ActiveSheet.Range("bh1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select
End If
Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
because I can have more than one value selected in the listbox..
I think with more than one single value, the Loop is the best way to operate, isn'it? do you have better ideas?

Upvote 0
because I can have more than one value selected in the listbox..
I think with more than one single value, the Loop is the best way to operate, isn'it? do you have better ideas?

No, I think a loop is fine. I should have asked 'better', but was wondering if it was multi-select. AFAIK, you cannot use .Text or .Value for a multi-select listbox. Try .List instead.

EX: Userform1 with tow command buttons and a listbox (multi-select=True); all objects using default names...

Rich (BB code):
Option Explicit

Dim i As Long
Dim ary

ReDim ary(0 To 0)
    With Me.ListBox1
        For i = 0 To .ListCount - 1
            If .Selected(i) Then
                ReDim Preserve ary(1 To UBound(ary) + 1)
                ary(UBound(ary)) = .List(i)
            End If
        Next
    End With

Cells(ActiveSheet.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(UBound(ary)).Value _
        = Application.Transpose(ary)
End Sub

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
    Unload Me
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim i As Long

For i = 65 To 85
        Me.ListBox1.AddItem Chr(i)
    Next
End Sub

Does that help?

Mark

Upvote 0
Hi Weaver, the code you wrote me works only if i set the option Multiselect on 0- fmMultiSelectSingle but it does not work if I work with listbox having the option Multiselect set on 1-fmMultiSelectMulti.
do you know how to adjust the code for listbox having the option Multiselect set on 1-fmMultiSelectMulti?
thanks a lot!!!

Upvote 0
it works GTO! thanks a lot!! it sounds a bit complicated but I will get into in the next minutes! thanks again!

Upvote 0
Hi GTO, i have another small question for you. assume the same problem but this time having two distinct lisbox (for example the first one is a list of men and the second one a list of women) and one singular botton. is there a way to write a code which do the same things for both listbox? in other words, if I select from the first listbox the name ALfred and in the second listbox the name Judith, can we arrange vrtically the two names in column A? thankssss!!

Upvote 0
Hi PiBi,

Sure you should be able to. Not tested/confirmed, but I see nothing to go wrong (which usually means something goes KABOOM!).

We can just add the selected items from the second listbox to the array in the same fashion. I added comments to hopefully make it easier to follow what is happening.

Rich (BB code):
Dim i As Long
Dim ary

'// Initially size our array with a zer base, then slip it up one upon the first    //
    '// val being assigned to an element.                                               //
    ReDim ary(0 To 0)

With Me.ListBox1
            If .Selected(i) Then
                '// resize our array ea time we find a val to add.                      //

End If
        Next
    End With

'// Just keep adding to the array from items selected in second listbox             //
    With Me.ListBox2
            If .Selected(i) Then
            End If
        Next
    End With

'// I ran up from the bottom and drop down one.  This way we cannot inadvertantly run//
    '// to the bottom of the sheet and try an offset past the sheet.                    //
    '// The we just resize our destination range to the size of the array, transpose    //
    '// the array, and plunk it in.                                                     //
    Cells(ActiveSheet.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(UBound(ary)).Value _
        = Application.Transpose(ary)
End Sub

Have a great day,

Mark

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksjohnson1970

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back