Copy and Paste Plot AND Data in which Pasted Plot References Pasted Data

wjdslimjim

Excel Gurus-

I am using excel 2013 and have run into a problem I can't seem to find a solution to after some fairly extensive searching. My problem is that I have an elaborate data table with 3 plots referencing the data and I want to be able to copy and paste the data table and plots on the same sheet while keeping the same formatting, but I want the pasted plots to reference the pasted data table as opposed to the original data table.

I understand I can make a copy of the entire sheet which does that, but I am trying to keep these plots and tables on the same sheet or else I will quickly have far too many sheets to keep track of.

I also know of the add-in PTS charts which is basically the 'replace' feature for series data. This does not really help me either because the row numbers are all different. Maybe it is wishful thinking, but this seems like a fairly simple capability excel should have.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
How about cutting the data and plots into a new workbook, THEN close the original workbook without saving ... re-open the original workbook, and cut the data and plots from where they were pasted previously, and paste whereever you want them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back