Copy and Paste Row not working when filtered

Dave8899

Hi I have the below code(below) that works off a button, to copy an entire row it works fine, however for some reason When the sheet is filtered, it just inserts a blank line, any ideas?

Code:
Sub Copy_paste()

Dim MyPassword As String
    MyPassword = "Yes"
    If InputBox("Please enter password to continue.", "Enter Password") <> MyPassword Then
        Exit Sub
        End If

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="1234"

ActiveCell.EntireRow.Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.Insert

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="1234", AllowFiltering:=True, AllowFormattingColumns:=True, Contents:=True, DrawingObjects:=True, UserInterfaceOnly:=True, AllowFormattingCells:=True

End Sub

Last edited:

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
The code works for me. The only time it inserts a blank row is if the active cell is in a blank row & in that case inserting a blank row is what I would expect.
We don't know what your data is like, how it is filtered of where you active cell might be so obviously we cannot replicate your particular circumstances.

Dave8899

The code works for me. The only time it inserts a blank row is if the active cell is in a blank row & in that case inserting a blank row is what I would expect.
We don't know what your data is like, how it is filtered of where you active cell might be so obviously we cannot replicate your particular circumstances.

Hi hi thanks for the response, the data is a number of formulas and standard data names & address. As for the filter it’s a standard excel filter the only restriction is the filtered items are selected from a list.

It is a strange one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salterian1974

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...