Copy and Paste rows of data if certain criteria is met

TJC86

Good afternoon,

I'm a total novice to this so any help much appreciated.

I have values in cells C5,E5,G5 and I5. I want a macro that looks up to these values, and if a row of data in my other sheet "DB" matches all criteria, then copy that row and paste below the criteria. I need it to loop through everything in "DB" and bring back all the data that matches.

But, if the cell values are blank, then it copies everything over. So all 5 value cells might not be populated.

Many thanks,

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Hi “TJC86”,
. Seems like a fairly simple sort of sorting job. Surprised no one has picked it up.- might not be immediately clear at first glance to someone wanting to help exactly wot you want.

. As always, “A (Good!) Picture paints a thousand words”

. . Can you Try to provide Tables that can be copied into a spreadsheet showing example data but also importantly exactly how the final output should look like in the Excel File based on your actual example data.

. There are various ways to do this. The first is preferred by this Forum for excel files as then everyone can see wot is going on quickly.. The Third method I prefer. - Then one can get on straight away with writing a code for you in the file you provide.

. 1 If you can, try uploading this, https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=8cffd...CE27E813%21189 instructions here MrExcel HTML Maker . This free Excel add-In is good for screen shots here of spreadsheets. Then everyone can quickly see what is going on and follow the Thread easily.
Or
. 2 Up left in the Thread editor is a table icon. Click that, create an appropriately sized table and fill it in. (To get this icon up in the Reply window you may need to click on the “Go Advanced” Button next to the Reply Button)
Or
. 3 Supply us with example Excel files (Can of course be shortened, or made - up data in case any info is sensitive)
. For example send over these 2 free things: FileSnack | Easy file sharing or Box Net,
Remember to select Share after uploading and give us the link they provide.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back