Copy and Paste with no quote marks?

Big Monkey

Wow, this is really driving me nuts here.

I am wanting to copy the contents of a cell from Excel into another program.

Whenever I do this, quotes are automatically placed around the value. This is extremely annoying. I have searched this board for a good 30 mnts, and I can't find a resolution. I did see several threads asking the same thing, but none that had an answer that worked.

Is there a solution to this? Or am I just stuck with having to manually remove the quotes each time :(

The only way I found to do this succesfully is by copying the info from the formula bar. However, I want to automate the copy. I tried to record a macro, but it gives errors and says it can't record it.

So frustrating.... Any help?

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
It's text that I'm trying to paste.

The program is a proprietary one at work, but I get the same results with Word.

This doesn't happen when I am at home, and I think the difference is in the versions.

At work, I use Office 97. At home, I have Office 2002.

Upvote 0
So just to clarify its Excel 97 thats adding the quotes and not your works program?[/quote]

Upvote 0
Copy and paste with no quote marks

I am also facing this problem. I don't think it has anything to do with version difference. Excel retains all data in cells or objects which are like text boxes. Which is why every time you copy a cell to paste it into any other application it pastes the contents with the quote marks and other control characters. I would appreciate if someone can help with a macro or vb code to strip these control characters before copying this to the clipboard.
Aparna

Upvote 0
Let me ask you this because I am researching the situation if you paste the data into notepad at work and then recopy it from there and paste it into your application does it still have the quotes around the data?

Upvote 0
Well, if you copy the whole thing then yes. If I past from Excel to anything, the quotes are there. Thus, if I copy what was pasted then yes the quotes would be part of that.

Has anyone had any success finding a workaround?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dukenia71

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back