Copy, Auto-fill, Extrapolate, read on...

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I am using Excel 2002 on Win XP Pro. I have a worksheet that contains several columns of formulas relating to calculations against a value placed in Column A. I have just installed MoreFunc from Laurent Longre and will be using the INDIRECT.EXT function to replace lengthy references in the formulas. As such, I now need to Copy, or Auto-fill or Extrapolate the amended formula from Row 1 through Row 100 of several of the Columns in my worksheet. I have placed the $ where it needs to be in the formula so that my formulas will automatically increment where needed and hold the reference fixed were needed.

My problem is that I have also formatted the columns with borders that contain a solid line around the box and a broken line to separate the cells within the box. When I select the top Row of the Column and then attempt to copy the formula to Row 100, the border changes to the formatting of the top Row.

I seem to recall reading that there is a way to prevent this from happening. I have searched the message board and the Excel Tips book, but apparently I have not entered the correct phrases to search. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan...

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back