Copy cell value across number of columns based upon cell value

chally3

Board Regular
Good morning all,

I'm trying to develop an inventory reduction forecast spreadsheet in a pivot table format for ease of use - but am really stuck with 1 part to add in the data.

What I want to do is copy a cell value that is calculated (weekly forecast inventory reduction),across a number of columns based upon another cell vale (number of weeks stock left). IE For instance cell AE2 has a weekly inventory burn off rate of $100 & cell AG2 is a calculation that says we have for instance "3" weeks of stock.

What I could like to do is copy the value on AE2 (same for every row) across the number of columns shown in AG2 (starting from Column AH onward).

Hopefully this will explain it AE2 is $100 I(weekly inventory decrease) AG2 is 3 (3 weeks stock) , so in AH2,AI2,AJ2 copy the $100 in those cells (row 1 will be week numbers AH1 onwards) so on through the spreadsheet for each row with data in. If AG2 was 5, copy $100 in AH2,AI2,AJ2,AK2,AL2 etc

Any help much appreciated, I've tried to use the current data in a pivot table - but can't work out how to plot the value each week.

Thank you and good luck

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
my first thought is an IF statement using a column headers with the week number, 1,2,3 etc so something like:
=IF($AEG$2>=AH2,$AE$2,"")
Then copy formula across cols

Upvote 0
Try this macro:
Code:
Sub CopyCell()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim LastRow As Long, rng As Range
    LastRow = Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    For Each rng In Range("AE2:AE" & LastRow)
        Range("AH" & rng.Row).Resize(, Range("AG" & rng.Row).Value) = rng
    Next rng
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mumps, that is perfection!! Thank you very very much - this solves a massive headache for me!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back