Copy Cells to another sheet based on fill colour

pwilson06

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
HI,
I have a page set up that has a macro to fill the cell yellow(Interior.ColorIndex = 6) when the value changes. I use this page to do price changes for products that we sell, which is a catalouge of over 600 products.
Is there a way (VBA??) I can use to have the highlighted cells copied to another sheet to show a customer just the items/prices that have changed rather than sending them a product list with all 600+ products.
Some of the cells that need to be copied have formulas in them but I only need to paste the values.
Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
HI,
I have a page set up that has a macro to fill the cell yellow(Interior.ColorIndex = 6) when the value changes. I use this page to do price changes for products that we sell, which is a catalouge of over 600 products.
Is there a way (VBA??) I can use to have the highlighted cells copied to another sheet to show a customer just the items/prices that have changed rather than sending them a product list with all 600+ products.
Some of the cells that need to be copied have formulas in them but I only need to paste the values.
Thanks
Sure this can be done. If you provide some specific details I may be able to provide you a script to do what you want.
Is there some reason you want to use the script you already have and then use a different script to copy the values to another sheet?

Why not write one script that when you change a value to copy that value to another sheet.
So please provide specific details like where on what sheet do you plan to change values and to what sheet and where on the sheet do you want these values copied.

For example on sheet named "Master" I plan to change values in column A and when I make the change copy the values in Column A to E to sheet named "Update" column A to E.

Upvote 0
Hi pwilson06,

Welcome to MrExcel!!

See how this goes:

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub Macro1()

Dim lngMyRow As Long
    Dim lngLastRow As Long
    Dim lngPasteRow As Long
    Dim wsSource As Worksheet
    Dim wsDestin As Worksheet

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Set wsSource = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1") 'Sheet name with data to be copied. Change to suit.
    Set wsDestin = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet2") 'Sheet name with data to be pasted. Change to suit.

'The following assumes columns A to C of 'wsSource' are to be copied to 'wsDestin'
    'if the value in Col. C of 'wsSource' is filled with yellow.  Change to suit.
    'Note the code also assumes there is some data on both sheet.  If there's not it will error out.
    lngLastRow = wsSource.Range("A:C").Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    For lngMyRow = 2 To lngLastRow
        If wsSource.Range("C" & lngMyRow).Interior.Color = RGB(255, 255, 0) Then
            lngPasteRow = wsDestin.Range("A:C").Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row + 1
            wsDestin.Range("A" & lngPasteRow & ":C" & lngPasteRow).Value = wsSource.Range("A" & lngMyRow & ":C" & lngMyRow).Value
        End If
    Next lngMyRow

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Regards,

Robert

Upvote 0
Sure this can be done. If you provide some specific details I may be able to provide you a script to do what you want.
Is there some reason you want to use the script you already have and then use a different script to copy the values to another sheet?

Why not write one script that when you change a value to copy that value to another sheet.
So please provide specific details like where on what sheet do you plan to change values and to what sheet and where on the sheet do you want these values copied.

For example on sheet named "Master" I plan to change values in column A and when I make the change copy the values in Column A to E to sheet named "Update" column A to E.

Thanks for the Reply.
I am pretty new to VBA's and certainly not set on having them separate, having it all as one sounds good to me.
From my sheet called 'Changes' i would like to copy product details and price so i need to copy data from columns C, D and O. This data sits between C4:O799. The changes need to go to worksheet 'Rayners Price Changes' starting from row 3. Column C from worksheet 'Changes' needs to go to column A, then D to B and O to C.
The current macro is set up to highlight any cell yellow if it changes on worksheet'Changes' See Below:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
End Sub

Hopefully this is enough detail, thanks so much for your help.

Upvote 0
Try this:

VBA Code:
Option Explicit

Dim lngPasteRow As Long

With Application
        .ScreenUpdating = False
        .EnableEvents = False
    End With

On Error Resume Next
        lngPasteRow = Sheets("Rayners Price Changes").Range("A:C").Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
        If lngPasteRow = 0 Then
            lngPasteRow = 3
        Else
            lngPasteRow = lngPasteRow + 1
        End If
    On Error Resume Next

Sheets("Rayners Price Changes").Range("A" & lngPasteRow).Value = Range("C" & Target.Row).Value
    Sheets("Rayners Price Changes").Range("B" & lngPasteRow).Value = Range("D" & Target.Row).Value
    Sheets("Rayners Price Changes").Range("C" & lngPasteRow).Value = Range("O" & Target.Row).Value

With Application
        .EnableEvents = True
        .ScreenUpdating = True
    End With

End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi,
This worked really well but i need to change it, i probably didn't think it through well enough. I only want the items to go into the 'Rayners Price Changes' sheet if the price in column O changes.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Try this event macro on the Changes tab:

VBA Code:
Option Explicit

Dim lngPasteRow As Long

If Target.Column = 15 And Target.Row >= 4 Then 'Only works on range O4:O [whatever row]

With Application
            .ScreenUpdating = False
            .EnableEvents = False
        End With

On Error Resume Next
            lngPasteRow = Sheets("Rayners Price Changes").Range("A:C").Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
            If lngPasteRow = 0 Then
                lngPasteRow = 3
            Else
                lngPasteRow = lngPasteRow + 1
            End If
        On Error Resume Next

Sheets("Rayners Price Changes").Range("A" & lngPasteRow).Value = Range("C" & Target.Row).Value
        Sheets("Rayners Price Changes").Range("B" & lngPasteRow).Value = Range("D" & Target.Row).Value
        Sheets("Rayners Price Changes").Range("C" & lngPasteRow).Value = Range("O" & Target.Row).Value

With Application
            .EnableEvents = True
            .ScreenUpdating = True
        End With

End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
HI,
I've just found something i need to change that i didn't pick up when testing. I tried to adapt the VBA but couldn't get it to work.
In worksheet 'Changes' I need any cell that changes value to be highlighted yellow between C4:P799, but only paste as above.
Thanks again for your help on this

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back