Copy certain columns of data from 2 worksheets that are auto-filtered to 1 summary worksheet as values

Ajwilltravel

Hi everyone, I am a macro beginner. I have two worksheets with source data (layout of each worksheet is the same but number of rows on each sheet will continue to grow). In these 2 sheets 'WTP' and 'RMARN' I've managed to create a macro to autofilter (Filter on column F - Filter out any rows that are "Finished") - macro button top left). This column F is also a formula. My other macro is simply to clear the filter. What I need is a macro to copy certain columns from both of these source data sheets and copy paste as values in the 'Summary' sheet. I need to do this monthly so each time I run it I need to clear what is in the summary sheet from last time and run the macro again (replace what was already there). The columns I need to copy from the two source sheets are shown in the summary tab in attached - B C D E F O P & U. But I don't want the column headers to come through to the summary sheet when I run the macro. I've been on internet all day trying to build this macro & have failed. Also tried recording then editing it but got completely lost. Can anyone help? Must confess I'm hoping someone can do it for me then I can study it!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hello AJ,

I haven't been able to access the workbook in your link, however, based on what you have said in previous posts, try the following:-

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub Test()

Dim wsS As Worksheet, wsAR As Worksheet, ws As Worksheet
        Dim ar As Variant, i As Long, lr As Long
        Set wsS = Sheets("Summary")
        ar = Array("RMARN", "WTP")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual

wsS.[A2].CurrentRegion.Offset(1).Clear

For i = 0 To UBound(ar)
            Set wsAR = Sheets(ar(i))
            lr = wsAR.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
                 With wsAR.Range("F5:F" & lr)
                            .AutoFilter 1, "<>" & "Finished"
                        With .Resize(.Rows.Count - 1)
                               Union(.Columns("B:F"), .Columns("O:P"), .Columns("U")).Offset(1, -5).Copy
                               wsS.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).PasteSpecial xlValues
                               .AutoFilter
                               wsS.Columns.AutoFit
                        End With
               End With
        Next i

Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

P.S. Just managed to access your workbook. I've tweaked the code a little bit. It should now do the task for you.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Copy certain columns of data from 2 worksheets that are auto-filtered to 1 summary wo
and here Copy Paste as Values certain columns from Autofiltered data in 2 worksheets to 1 Summary worksheet - OzGrid Free Excel/VBA Help Forum
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Hello AJ,

I haven't been able to access the workbook in your link, however, based on what you have said in previous posts, try the following:-

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub Test()

Dim wsS As Worksheet, wsAR As Worksheet, ws As Worksheet
        Dim ar As Variant, i As Long, lr As Long
        Set wsS = Sheets("Summary")
        ar = Array("RMARN", "WTP")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual

wsS.[A2].CurrentRegion.Offset(1).Clear

For i = 0 To UBound(ar)
            Set wsAR = Sheets(ar(i))
            lr = wsAR.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
                 With wsAR.Range("F5:F" & lr)
                            .AutoFilter 1, "<>" & "Finished"
                        With .Resize(.Rows.Count - 1)
                               Union(.Columns("B:F"), .Columns("O:P"), .Columns("U")).Offset(1, -5).Copy
                               wsS.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).PasteSpecial xlValues
                               .AutoFilter
                               wsS.Columns.AutoFit
                        End With
               End With
        Next i

Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

P.S. Just managed to access your workbook. I've tweaked the code a little bit. It should now do the task for you.
Thank you everything is working except it also copied all the "Finished" items... so I only want to copy items to the summary sheet that are not "Finished". So close though!! How might I tweak code above to exclude "Finished"? then I am done !!! Thanks again much appreciated!

Upvote 0
Thank you everything is working except it also copied all the "Finished" items... so I only want to copy items to the summary sheet that are not "Finished". So close though!! How might I tweak code above to exclude "Finished"? then I am done !!! Thanks again much appreciated!

Upvote 0
Ok I worked it out:

.AutoFilter 1, "<>Finished"

.. but for some reason it is still coping in the very 1st "Finished" row on the RMARN tab, but none of the other "Finished" rows (which is what I want). Not sure why that 1st row is still coming through though... thanks again :)

Upvote 0
Sorry to be a pain but can you also tell me how to exclude anything with nil value copying over to summary - so I want to exclude anything that does not have either "Finished" or nil value in column F (in the 2 sheets - so only those rows with values. Something like..

.AutoFilter 1, "<>Finished", "<>0"

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Sorry one last question. When I run macro "Copy to Summary" - is it possible to clear and replace what was already in "Summary" tab - since the last time i ran the macro? Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back