Copy certain data from sheet 1 into sheet 2 if conditions are met.

excelvolution

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello there - Excel notive when it comes to VBA. I've seen similar posts elsewhere, but really not sure what I'm looking at to copy/paste into my own.

> I have two tabs - Tab 1 (workstreams) contains RAG status of various projects - these get updated each week. Tab 2 (countermeasure) contains countermeasures for projects whose status is Red or Amber.
> I also locked the entire sheet with the exception of cells which need an update (highlighted in yellow)
> The RAG status is indicated by data validation - 1 (G), 2 (A), 3(R), 4(complete)

ASK:
  1. When RAG status of a project initiative (columns I thru BH) changes to Red or Amber, I need to copy that project name (column A), project initiative number (column B), project initiative (column D), and project owner (column H) into tab 2 as a new line item starting on C8. Project name into column C, project initiative number into column D, project initiative into column D and project owner into column F.
  2. If RAG status of a project initiative continues to be Red or Amber more than 1 consecutive week, I do not need a new line item created in tab 2.
  3. If RAG status of a project initiative goes R/A one week, back to Green next week and back to R/A the third week, then I need 2 new line items created in tab 2 - one for each new time the project initiative went back to R/A (assuming there was a gap of Green between these two R/A status).

Can someone help me figure out how to do this? Essentially, I want the line item copied automatically because sometimes people forget to add countermeasure when the item changes to R/A, and I want to force that to happen by copying the line items. A BONUS would it if the "date raised" (column G in tab 2) can be automatic based on when the status was updated to R/A.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Excel_TIP_wokstreams.png
    Excel_TIP_wokstreams.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Excel_TIP_countermeasure.png
    Excel_TIP_countermeasure.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 17

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydd

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back