Copy Data from Multiple workbook into one workbook

MadhukarG

Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hi All,

I have one recurring task to copy the data from multiple excel files data received in fixed format from column C to E and from row 8 and paste the data in one master sheet one after one (data in rows can change based on business).

The multiple workbooks are saved on one path.

I want your help to draft one macro to copy the data from multiple workbooks into one workbook. (if possible Pls write text to explain as what each code performs).

Below is the data received monthly format, I need Cons Unit, Partner unit and Net book value (compile data from row 8).

Data Received.PNG

Thank you
Madhukar

Master is the one with the code, it doesn't matter what the name of it is because when you set wkbDest in the code, you are setting it as 'thisworkbook' because that is the workbook with the code.
I think it's not the name of the workbook that is an issue, it's the name of the worksheet.
Refer to post #6

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Master is the one with the code, it doesn't matter what the name of it is because when you set wkbDest in the code, you are setting it as 'thisworkbook' because that is the workbook with the code.
I think it's not the name of the workbook that is an issue, it's the name of the worksheet.
Refer to post #6
I have changed the Destination file from "Master" to Group Inventory Analysis July 2022" and also changed the word from "Master" to yellow highlighted in code line below, but still getting same error message Runtime error #9 and when debugging the below line is highlighted in yellow.

.Sheets("Group Inventory Input").Range("C8:E" & LastRow).Copy wkbDest.Sheets("Group Inventory Analysis July 2022").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

Upvote 0
Is there a sheet named "Group Inventory Analysis July 2022" in the destination workbook(wkbDest)?

I can't see what the problem is, just guessing from what you are saying.

Upvote 0
Is there a sheet named "Group Inventory Analysis July 2022" in the destination workbook(wkbDest)?

I can't see what the problem is, just guessing from what you are saying.
Hi Dave - I have corrected the above by changing the name of sheet in code for destination file, however the macro is working fine but with few errors so,, want your assistance on below.

1. The destination file has data from prior period every month as I roll forward prior month file to subsequent month, if I want to overwrite the data with current month source files data then, what code should be used to overwrite? and in destination file I want to start copying data from cell C15 to E.
2. Once the data is pasted from source files, I want the data should be pasted as paste special values.
3. Also while running the macro I am getting one message as the destination file contains external links and do you want to update it., I don't want to update those external links, so can we put any code to ignore such message?
4. Though I am able to run the macro and data is coming in destination file from source files but, still getting Runtime error #9 and below code is highlighted.

1658933563109.png

Upvote 0
You could be opening a workbook that does not have that sheet.

Paste special is different. You require two lines for copy and pastespecial
ie
VBA Code:
Range.copy
range.pastespecial xlpastevalues

Upvote 0
You could be opening a workbook that does not have that sheet.

Paste special is different. You require two lines for copy and pastespecial
ie
VBA Code:
Range.copy
range.pastespecial xlpastevalues
Dave - I have checked all 30 source files and see all the workbook has sheet "Group Inventory Input"
and also in which line I need to paste the code of paste special?

Thank you
Madhukar

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back