Copy data from one Excel file to another

Andi Baciu

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I have a favour to ask you. I need a bit of help regarding a work-related situation.

We every day receive around 20-60 excel that we need to work on them. After that, we need to copy all of the data from them into a general one.

So I need a Macro that can copy the data from Excel 1 into Master 1. (doesn't matter if Master 1 is closed or not)

But:

Master 1 every day change the name like (Data 28.02.2021 to Data 31.03.2021 (this was an example)). The good thing is that this Excel will always be in the same location (on desktop in a folder with the same name).
Every excel file that we work on have a different name, with a different number of rows, but always the same columns, and only 1 sheet.

The Excels that we work on have the Columns A:D (We need to copy Starting from A2 to Dx (we don't have the same exact row numbers) and after we copy the data from Excel 1, into Master 1, the data from Excel 2 should be right after data from Excel 1.
We need to copy those data to the Master excel on the columns C : F.

After that, on the Master 1, we have columns A,B,G without data. We have to introduce these as well.
This information is in the Excel 1 title and they are Location(need's to go to A column in Master 1), Data(need's to go to B column in Master 1), Colour(need's to go to G column in Master 1).

I can write these information on Excel 1 on Row 4 For G-LOCATION, H-DATE, I-COLOUR and from here to import into Master 1 on the columns I wrote up (A,B,G). We need to be careful for the date to be the same in all the rows from Master( if we have 150 rows from Excel 1, we need to have the exact date to all rows, the same for colour and location). Hope this makes sense to someone and be able to help me. Thank you in advance. I attached a few pictures maybe it will help you.

The first picture is the Master 1 and how it should look. The second picture is the Excel 1 file that we have the data(you can see the title( we have the colour(rosii), titan(name), date(09.02.2021), and the third photo is the Master without information on columns A,B,G .

Thank you in advance :)!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 2021-02-18 18_08_16-ROSII TITAN  3476  09.02.2021 - Excel.png
    2021-02-18 18_08_16-ROSII TITAN 3476 09.02.2021 - Excel.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.png
    2.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back