Copy & Edit Excels default Data Entry Form

Jason Campbell

Board Regular
Hi all,

I have a spreadsheet that has 36 fields, some of which are for data entry and others that have formulas within which calculate and display output based on the data input in the previous fields.

Due to the number of fields required for each record, the spreadsheet looks quite protracted...So, having looked at Excel's default Forms tool, I believe that a more user-friendly way of inputting the data is to use a form.

However, rather than creating a bespoke form from scratch, I want to somehow copy the default form that is generated when selecting the built-in form from my quick access menu, which I would then look to edit to suit my needs.

I have looked online for a solution, however, cannot locate anything. The question is, can I copy the default Excel VBA form and edit it? If so, how do I go about doing so?

Any assistance rendered would be gratefully received.

Jason

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Jason

Unfortunately you can't copy the built-in data form, you'll need to build your own.

If all you want is something similar to the built-in form that shouldn't be too difficult.

Upvote 0
Hi Norie,

Thanks for letting me know. While the visual aspect of creating the form as per the buil-in form is straight forward, sorting the code would take time. My aim was to have the code created and already in place via use of the built in form and then proceed to manipulate the visual aspect...ultimately saving time....aaargh.

again, thanks for sparing your time to answer my question. Much appreciated ��

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kj9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back