Copy Formatting to a New Workbook Without the Conditional Formatting Rules

ormy28

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi

I would really appreciate some help with something I thought would be very straightforward, but has actually been a bit tricky.

I have a set of data in Workbook A, Sheet A. The data in column C has conditional formatting which highlights the cell in yellow if it matches the corresponding cell in Workbook A, Sheet B.

I want to copy the data from Workbook A, Sheet A into Workbook B. I want the cells that were highlighted in yellow to remain yellow in Workbook B, but I don't want to copy over the conditional formatting rules from Workbook A.

I assumed this would be a simple case of using Paste Special > All Using Source Theme, but this doesn't work.

I then tried Paste Special > Values to paste the data, then Paste Special > Formats to apply the yellow shading to the cells. But the cells will not change colour.

Does anyone know any way of doing what I thought would be a really simple task? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back