Copy formula over eight columns

tl7612

I a worksheet that I am comparing Actua,Budget, Forecast, and PY for each day of he month. I have the raw data for each in it's own tab. I have the below formula that I need to copy over eight columns each time, thus when I copy over eight columns it changes the C to K but I want it to change to D instead and so forth.
(Actual!C170+Actual!C174)/Summary!H10

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Welcome to the Board!

I don't think your question is entirely clear. Maybe it will make more sense if you walk us through some examples, i.e.
- What cell is the original formula in?
- What does the original formula look like?
- What cell should the formula be copied to?
- What should the formula look like after being copied to this cell?
- How many times does this need to be copied (how do we know when to stop)?

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
I guess you have the formulas in C and in K, try this

<table border="1" cellspacing="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:11.41px;" /><col style="width:11.41px;" /><col style="width:76.04px;" /><col style="width:76.04px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td><td >C</td><td >K</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >2</td><td > </td><td > </td><td style="text-align:right; ">3</td><td style="text-align:right; ">5</td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b></b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Formula</td></tr><tr><td >C2</td><td >=(OFFSET(Actual!$C170,,MOD(COLUMN()+5,7)-1) + OFFSET(Actual!$C174,,MOD(COLUMN()+5,7)-1)) / Summary!H10</td></tr><tr><td >K2</td><td >=(OFFSET(Actual!$C170,,MOD(COLUMN()+5,7)-1) + OFFSET(Actual!$C174,,MOD(COLUMN()+5,7)-1)) / Summary!P10</td></tr></table></td></tr></table>

In the formula of cell K2 you see $ C, but you're really getting the value from column D

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preethamdevraj

This Week's Hot Topics