Arnesson

Hi,

I'm pretty new in the VBA World and was hoping somebody could help me with this problem.

I have two worksheets: "worksheet1" containing the current data (e.g. today's progress) I want to copy and "worksheet2" containing historical data (e.g. historical progress) in which I would like to paste the current data.

The data in "worksheet1" is structured (A2:A10) under the actual date (A1). In "worksheet2" I have a calendar (4:4) with all dates from 2013-01-01 to 2014-12-31.

I want to run a macro that reads the actual date (A1) in "worksheet1" and looks for the date in row 4:4 in "worksheet2", and then copy the data from (A2:A10) in "worksheet1" and paste these data on row 5:13 in "worksheet2" in the column in which the cell A1 in "worksheet1" matches the date in row 4:4 in "worksheet2".

Note! I want the copy paste function to be a copy paste value function so that the mathematical formulas from "worksheet1" don't follow to "worksheet2".

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Hi,

I'm pretty new in the VBA World and was hoping somebody could help me with this problem.

I have two worksheets: "worksheet1" containing the current data (e.g. today's progress) I want to copy and "worksheet2" containing historical data (e.g. historical progress) in which I would like to paste the current data.

The data in "worksheet1" is structured (A2:A10) under the actual date (A1). In "worksheet2" I have a calendar (4:4) with all dates from 2013-01-01 to 2014-12-31.

I want to run a macro that reads the actual date (A1) in "worksheet1" and looks for the date in row 4:4 in "worksheet2", and then copy the data from (A2:A10) in "worksheet1" and paste these data on row 5:13 in "worksheet2" in the column in which the cell A1 in "worksheet1" matches the date in row 4:4 in "worksheet2".

Note! I want the copy paste function to be a copy paste value function so that the mathematical formulas from "worksheet1" don't follow to "worksheet2".

Hey, First time on here but hope this helps :)

Code:
Sub CopyPasteValues()
Dim i As Integer
Dim ActualDate As Date
i = 1
ActualDate = Worksheets("worksheet1").Range("A1")

'Finds where the date is
Do Until ActualDate = Worksheets("worksheet2").Cells(4, i)
i = i + 1
Loop

'Copy and pastes the data under the date (Values only)
Worksheets("worksheet1").Range("A2:A10").Copy
Worksheets("worksheet2").Cells(5, i).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
End Sub

This should do exactly as you've asked. If it needs tweeking I'm sure I'll be able to help with that :)

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I see that you are sorted but here is another example......

Code:
Sub Send_To_Calendar()With Sheets("Sheet2")
CalCol = Evaluate("=MATCH(Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!A4:ACF4,0)")
.Range(.Cells(5, CalCol), .Cells(13, CalCol)).Value = Range("A2:A10").Value
End With
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aveternik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back