Copy formula without link

jmersing

Is it posssible to paste a formula from one workbook to another without creating a link to the source file?

I'd like to copy a whole tab worth of formulas but I do not want to linkt o the file they are coming from.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
I'm not to sure that it is....

but once copied over, you can do a Find/Replace All and replace the linked workbook name with nothing.

Upvote 0
What I usually do is do a Find/Replace on the source sheet Finding "=" (without the quotes) and Replacing With "'=" (w/o double but with single quote) which turns all the formulas into text. Then copy and paste, and reverse the Find/Replace to turn back into formulas.

Richard

Upvote 0
Thats an interesting approach, I'lll use that.

But for my original question, there is no 1 step operation to do this it appears?

Upvote 0
Bringing this back

I tried this, but I can't get it to replace the '= with an = because it says it can not find the '=.

The cell doesn't show the ' and I have seached for != as one other thread said I should do.

Please help, as I am stuck and can't back up now :cry:

Thanks

Upvote 0
I must admit I had problems with it too - so much so I now replace + with #= which Excel seems to have no problem recognising the replacement as text.

Anyway, that doesn't help you now. Try selecting youyr formulas and going Format>Cells and changing to Text format and now replacing '= with = You will then have to convert the cells back to eg General format and then do a Find/Replace with = for = to convert back to actual formuals. Hopefully this will work - post back if not and we'll try something else.

Hope to help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back