copy formulas, paste without links

jtbrown1955

How can I copy a sheet with formulas to another workbook WITHOUT pasting the links! This does not come up that often, but when it does, it is a pain. I am working on a project and I want to just copy a sheet with a lot of formulas in it to another workbook and I do not want it linked to the original workbook. For now I have to edit each formula.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
if you right click on the sheet tab and do a move or copy

then select the workbook, then check create a copy

does that work for you?

Upvote 0
Quit Riot,
I was thinking the same thing, but I think the links move with the worksheet. Say he has links to Worksheet 1 and he copies the worksheet 2 to another workbook, I think the links stay with the old workbook.

Michael

Upvote 0
Quit Riot,
I was thinking the same thing, but I think the links move with the worksheet. Say he has links to Worksheet 1 and he copies the worksheet 2 to another workbook, I think the links stay with the old workbook.

Michael

Yes, the links will stay. This should not be that hard, It is probably something very easy and I am overlooking it. Although, everyone I have asked does not know how and they have had the same problem.

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to SaveAs the workbook renaming it? Then add your other worksheets to it?

As far as I know that is the only thing you can do!!!

Michael

Upvote 0
This could work:

- In the original workbook, select cells with formulas (Edit, Goto, Special)replace the "=" of each formula for other character (for example, "#", without the quotes)

- Copy this workbook

- In both workbooks, replace the "#" for "="

HTH

caliche

Upvote 0
If you copy the required sections then go to your destination worksheet/workbook and go edit-paste special. Select values - this will strip out all but values.

Upvote 0
If you copy the required sections then go to your destination worksheet/workbook and go edit-paste special. Select values - this will strip out all but values.

I want to keep the formulas, I don't want to keep the links.

Upvote 0
This could work:

- In the original workbook, select cells with formulas (Edit, Goto, Special)replace the "=" of each formula for other character (for example, "#", without the quotes)

- Copy this workbook

- In both workbooks, replace the "#" for "="

HTH

caliche

That actually worked!!!!! Thank you very much. You would think Excel would give an option of keeping the links or not. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back