Copy named rows based on new sheet based on text comparison of two cells

rdoulaghsingh

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day everyone! I hope everyone is doing well.

So here's what I'm trying to do...I need a VBS that will loop through a workbook of multiple worksheets and look at columns C and D for differences as long as the text does not match "Default settings" or "Configurations settings". If there are differences between the two columns, I want to:
1. copy the name of the worksheet tab starting at A3 on a new sheet called "Change List"
2. copy the row (only the first 4 columns) from the worksheet being compared and place the entries in B3, C3, D3 and E3 respectively on "Change List"
3. Recurse this action throughout the entire workbook until all differences are recorded from step 1 and 2 above in the "Change List" rows

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This here is still hard for me to understand
and look at columns C and D for differences as long as the text does not match "Default settings" or "Configurations settings". If there are differences between the two columns, I want to:

So if column C says "Alpha" and Column B says "Bravo" Enter the sheet name in Column A of sheet named: is that true

If not give me a example of when you would enter sheet name and when you would not

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
This here is still hard for me to understand
and look at columns C and D for differences as long as the text does not match "Default settings" or "Configurations settings". If there are differences between the two columns, I want to:

So if column C says "Alpha" and Column B says "Bravo" Enter the sheet name in Column A of sheet named: is that true

If not give me a example of when you would enter sheet name and when you would not
Good morning @My Aswer Is This. I've uploaded a screenshot of what Column C and D look like. You can see that there are multiple row instances with headings "Default settings" and "Configuration settings" going down those columns. I don't want to capture those rows - I want them omitted from the copy to the "Change list". I just want to output a clean list of the variances of every other cell without those titles.

Secondly, if Column C says "Alpha" and Column B says "Bravo" copy this into it's own row starting with the worksheet name in Column A of "Change List" sheet. Then take Columns A B C and D from the sheet being compared and copy those to Columns B C D and E on the Change List.

Third, I understand performance might also be an issue here. Looking at the code, is it going down the entire range of rows on each sheet?

Attachments

• image_2021-10-06_080730.png
    image_2021-10-06_080730.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
I have something along the same lines, But Different. More Date Mining though. This Will be to pull data from Multiple data sources, But once I have one I can Manipulate to the rest.
My Workbook "My Overview" will be open, Need to Open the second workbook "MMU Ping Failure"​
Compare the first column with Header to the first Column in the second workbook. If Second workbook has a new value add the value to my first column, without deleting any my workbook values​
Insert a Formula in My workbook second column to Pull data from source workbook, copy formula through columns to the right the down to the last row​
Copy values from the formula and paste them so that My workbook cells only have values.​
May need to do this for multiple tabs in the Data Source.​
Close Data Source "MMU Ping Failure" Workbook.​
I am familiar with VBAs but last few years I have been using 365 and did not need near as much, but bus laptop going back 2016 version and bogs down easy.​
If you could just give a ' line where my input is needed, thanks.​
Below is an Example of Files​
1636794417927.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back