copy new file daily to montly sheet

Rich

how would I get it to go to monthly log sheet in correct areas?
Above red line is a daily sheet run with new information daily and below is a monthly sheet for all days of that month. thanks
examplesheet.xls
ABCDEFGHIJ
1DATE
2(workbook1sheet3)informationchangeseachday01-Oct-04
4TOTAL5746
8MMYY
91004(workbook2sheet12sheet1)certaininformationsavedeachdaytothissheet
13DAYA12341234
Sheet1

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi:

You may want to give a few more details on your question. It seems a bit unclear.

plettieri

Upvote 0
Daily I would like the information on the top sheet example to go to a monthly log located in a different workbook. It has to go to the correct day of the monthly and I need it to pull it from the daily sheets using the date in the upper right hand corner.

Upvote 0
Hi:

Sorry, still not sure what it is that you desire to get done here.

You have some daily data on a spreadsheet (one for each day?) and you want to summarize these in another worksheet. Is that correct?

Being a bit more specific might prompt a few more replies...there is a deep source of knowledge at this site and a lot of people willing to help..

plettieri

Upvote 0
I've been doing this exact same thing for several years. Don't have the time to go into detail right now, but I'll check back later today and explain how I do mine. Should at least give you some ideas.
Dan

Upvote 0
Hi Rich,
Since we’re kind of skinny on details of how exactly you’re set up looks, here’s an example of what I’ve done to achieve what (I think) you’ve asked for. This is some code from my earliest days of using VBA, and is a small part of a fairly long, convoluted procedure, so I’ve just culled out what I believe to be pertinent to your question. It can be cleaned up some, but has been in use for years now and I just haven’t got around to that yet.

I have a template file that I named “Clean Monthly”. At the beginning of each month I go in and use SaveAs to make a new copy named “Monthly”. Then for the rest of the month my daily files call this up as “Monthly” At the end of each day, the code below is part of the routine we go through to close out the day’s file and create a new one for the next day.
Code:
Sub GatherDailyInfoForMonthlyFile()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect
    Range("AA5:DW5").Select  ‘(The range I’m copying)
    Selection.Copy
    Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\My Documents\Monthly.xls"  ‘(The file I’m pasting to.)
    Sheets("Daily Info").Select  ‘(The sheet I’m pasting to)
    [B1].Select  ‘(The column I want to begin my paste in…(The dates are in Column A))
    Selection.End(xlDown).Select  ‘(Goes to my last entry in this column)
    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select  ‘(Drops down to the next row, in Col.B)
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
        False, Transpose:=False
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Sheets("Menu page").Select  ‘(Goes to the “Menu” sheet in my monthly file.)
    ActiveWorkbook.Save  ‘(Saves the changes made to the monthly file.)
    ActiveWorkbook.Close  ‘(Closes the file I’ve just pasted to.)
End Sub
Pretty straight forward just copying & pasting to a different workbook and I’m sure this whole process can be streamlined some, (including what I only have to do at the start of each month), but it ain’t broke so I haven’t bothered to fix it.
Hopefully it will at least give you some ideas for what you’re doing. Post back if there’s anything about it you’ve got questions on and good luck with your project.
Dan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back