Copy/Paste Account Names Starting With "A"

wayneshirley

Board Regular
Hi There,

I need to add some code to my macro that will recognise account names in column C (sheet 1) that start with the letter "A" and copy those rows into sheet 2 (starting at cell A2.)

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim c As Range, rng
Dim Acc_Name As String
Set rng = Range("c3:c10")
For Each c In rng
If Left(c, 1) = "A" Then
Acc_Name = c
Sheets("Sheet2").Select

LastRow = Range("a" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Range("a" & LastRow).Select

Selection.Offset(1, 0).Select

Selection = Acc_Name
Acc_Name = ""
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
End If
Next c

Upvote 0
Hi There,

I need to add some code to my macro that will recognise account names in column C (sheet 1) that start with the letter "A" and copy those rows into sheet 2 (starting at cell A2.)

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.
Unless your dataset is fairly large, you may not see the difference, but this should be a bit faster than looping through each row.

Also, I may be wrong but I think you are saying that you want the whole row copied, not just the account code? If not, just remove .EntireRow from the code below.

<font face=Courier New><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> FilterAndCopy()<br>    Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Sheets("sheet 1")<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> .Range("C1", .Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))<br>            .AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=A*"<br>                .Offset(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy _<br>                    Destination:=Sheets("sheet 2").Range("A2")<br>            .AutoFilter<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>    Application.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back