copy/paste data adjacent to duplicate values

TheBubbleUp

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I need to be able to match exact cells, and then copy all the information that is exactly 6 cells to the right, is that even possible?

The cells that need to be matched as duplicates are short strings of numbers, so it has to be an exact match. If I click find next then I get a bunch of extra matches that are not exactly the same.

Also, the sheet is broken up into several blocks of cells grouped in columns of 7: Order Number, Email, Price, First Name, Last Name, Notes, and then a blank column and then it repeats for a different date.

Sometimes on squarespace, when you export your orders, if someone orders twice then all the information except their order number shows up blank.

So I am trying to fill in the info next to the duplicate order numbers.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Welcome to the Board!

I think seeing what your data looks like and an example of what you are trying to do would go along way in conveying your question to us.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back