Copy/Paste data into merged Cells

Coast2431

Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Mr. Excel Board,

First time poster and I'm an intermediate excel user but have never done any VBA or macros coding so hoping there is an easy fix to my situation. I'm trying to copy cells of data from one worksheet and have it auto paste into another worksheet where the paste location is two cells merged into one cell in a column. I can do it no problem from cell to cell but the issue is the paste destination is merged cells. See examples below. I want to have all the data in Worksheet#1 column A automatically pasted to column B in Worksheet#2 where each customer cell is two cells that are merged. So basically, data in A2 Worksheet#1 pasted to B94/95 and etc throughout all the data in Worksheet #1. Any input would be much appreciated and hopefully someone can help me out with the steps or the VBA code to make this cut and paste option work. Once again, I have never worked with VBA or Macros so please understand that when replying with fixes or solutions.

Worksheet #1
1654809300953.png

Worksheet#2
1654809489276.png

Attachments

• 1654809381723.png
    1654809381723.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Merged cells are almost always a bad practice and you have discovered one of the reasons. Can you redesign your sheet to not use merged cells?

Upvote 0
Merged cells are almost always a bad practice and you have discovered one of the reasons. Can you redesign your sheet to not use merged cells?
Yes, I agree, merged cells seem to cause a lot of issues. Any suggestions on how to create this sheet example below with the cells in column A, B and C not merged but still larger cells to equal height of remaining cells in column D and E?

1654813956754.png

Upvote 0
Can you just put the time, customer, work order in the first row, and leave the second row blank, for each pair? I don't know what this data means or how you are using it so it's hard to make a suggestion.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back