Copy/Paste & Find/Replace

vjimen2

Hello,

I'm still learning a lot about macros and I've come across one I need help with. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish;
On one tab I would like to have a macro that looks at an abbreviated date, that will change from month to month and be in a different column, Ex: "Jun" in cell L5 one month but "Aug" in column Q5 the next month.
(There is a static reference for this date in cell A5 that I will manually update as a check each month.)
The macro will grab the data from the previous month Ex: L80:O395 and copy paste under the Aug date in cells Q80:T395.
After the copy/paste has been completed the formulas in those cells Q80:T395 need to be updated to reflect the abbreviated month. Ex: SUMIF('PL by cust Jun 20'!$A$4:$A$184,'2020_Prod'!$B80,'PL by cust Jun 20'!$B$4:$B$184) where "Jun" is replaced with "Aug".
That should complete the macro and save a lot of manual updates each month.
Thanks for the help!

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Here is the code I have used already and I have been trying to modify and make work.

Sub CopyPasteFindReplace()
'
' CopyPasteFindReplace Macro
'

'
Range("G80:J80").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-309
Range("L80").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("A5").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("L80:O391").Select
Selection.Replace What:="Jun", Replacement:="Jul", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
End Sub

The problem is, its not dynamic and will only copy/paste in the same cells that the original code is in. I need the code to copy/paste under the new date, in this case "Jul" and then update the formula to include the new abbreviated date. There are formulas in cells G80:J391, this is the data I want copied over to cells L80:O391. The date reference is in cell L5 for the new date and next month will be in cell Q5 for Aug. When I run the macro I would like it recognize the date I manually put in cell A5, which will be the current month. I want the copy/paste find/replace to be entered in the corresponding cells below the current month reference. Hopefully this helps explain a little more. I appreciate the help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back