Copy-Paste from growing source file

kellemr1

Hello,

I am currently trying to figure out how to copy and paste certain cells (will be the same cells each and every time...just different workbooks)from multiple Excel workbooks into a master file. I have all the Excel files in one folder with unique names. In addition, more Excel files may be added at any time with new names hence "growing source file" in thread title. For example, let's say I want to copy cell A1 from all my different Excel workbooks in a folder named "Test" and paste them into a master workbook in column A. How do I go about writing the code to account for NEW Excel files? Also, if I want to keep a history of the copy and paste function, is there a way to create a new tab in the Master file every time this Macro is run? This way, I would be able to go back and see historical numbers.

Any help would be appreciated. I did not see anything to this effect in the forum...if there is, please let me know which thread.

-Mitch

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back