copy-paste functions to new workbook problem

bravura

Board Regular
I am programming a macro to copy-and-paste a worksheet from a master workbook (CSA.xlsx) to a daily update, however when I paste the worksheet, all the functions refer to the master (CSA.xlsx) workbook:

copy:
=(COUNTIFS('All Tech ID'!$B:$B,G7,'All Tech ID'!$N:$N,"Y"))/COUNTIFS('All Tech ID'!$A:$A,$F$7,'All Tech ID'!$N:$N,"Y")

paste:
=(COUNTIFS('[CSA.xlsx]All Tech ID'!$B:$B,G7,'[CSA.xlsx]All Tech ID'!$N:$N,"Y"))/COUNTIFS('[CSA.xlsx]All Tech ID'!$A:$A,$F$7,'[CSA.xlsx]All Tech ID'!$N:$N,"Y")

1. i've tried to replace the bolded code with null value, but that just highlights the cells red...

2. both workbooks are opened in the same excel window.

3. the two workbooks are similar, including all worksheets, i just want to create a new worksheet on a daily report using a template worksheet from CSA.xlsx (no, i can't get the ok to have the daily update automatically include this new worksheet!)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
i've tried to replace the bolded code with null value, but that just highlights the cells red...

Perhaps you should try that option again as that has ALWAYS worked for me in the past. In fact, just did that this morning.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back