Copy & Paste Help

BobbyM

I'm trying to move text data from a cell(s) in one spreadsheet to a cell(s) in a different spreadsheet. I click the Copy icon in one sheet, move to the other sheet and click Paste. Frequently, not all the text data moves from the original sheet to the destination. This should be easy. What's going wrong?? Thanks.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
More detail of when it does and does not work would help. Are you gettiing an error message? Are you selecting and copying multiple cells at once?

Need a bit more detail.

Michael :biggrin:

Upvote 0
daniels012 said:
More detail of when it does and does not work would help. Are you gettiing an error message? Are you selecting and copying multiple cells at once?

Need a bit more detail.

Michael :biggrin:
It happens when the text data is large - 250 characters and up. No error message appears. The text just gets cut off. I've played with row height, column width, data validation in the receiving spreadsheet, but it doesn't help. It's like the bucket carrying the data can only hold so much. I've been trying to move single cells of data as well as 50 to 75 at a time. Thanks Michael.

Upvote 0
I understand now!!
I really am not sure about what you could do if your text exceeds the 250 character limit??

Michael

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back