Copy/Paste Macros Slowed Way Down Starting in June 2019

Sid6177

Through the years, Excel macros have run slower and workarounds to speed them up have appeared on this site (screenupdating, visible, calculation properties) but I have seen nothing to date on this recent (for me) situation. Starting June of 2019 the macros I run doing copy/pastes slowed way down. For instance, I have a report creation macro which passes a project ID to an Excel workbook that in turns copies costs for that project into a chart's data area. I then copy the chart and paste it as a picture into the report workbook. There are 2 charts for each project and over a hundred projects reported on the report workbook. This macro before June would take 10 minutes to run tops; now it takes over 30 minutes. Similarly for a totally different report, the macro copies a template to the report workbook and populates it with data. It does that about 0 to 40 times. Before June it ran in under 5 seconds; now it runs in 30 seconds. I think I pointless to show the VBA code for the first report as it is basic copy/paste special which ran with no problems for 8 years. BTW, since June I had to add error handling to my copy/pastes as those started cropping up to for the first time (thank you Mr Excel for to handling code). Any ideas? Thanks.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Slight clarification as I used the word "copy" where I shouldn't have in the original post. I "place" cost data in the chart's data area; I do not use copy/paste there.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back