copy & paste to end row with spaces with an offset

pook_666

Board Regular
Hi magicians,

Pretty simple answer I am sure, but can't seem to work it out!

I have the below snippet of code where I am trying to paste info to the current sheet. The pasting I'm trying to happen is at the end of the sheet plus 2 rows (hence the offset).

For some reason when it pastes, it is always pasting to row 8 even if A6 isn't the last row. E.g. before pasting, the last tow of the sheet is row 40, but will still paste over rows 7 & 8 instead of pasting in row 42.

Believe it is to do with this, but cannot seem to work it out:
VBA Code:
Offset(0).Resize(.Rows.Count - 0, 13).SpecialCells(12).Copy Sheets(MyCell.Value).Range("A6:A" & lrow2).Offset(2, 0)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

FYI there is no data in cells A1:A5 and from A6 there will be data with no spaces.

VBA Code:
            lrow = Sheets("Special Commission - With No CH").Range("A1").End(xlUp).Row
            lrow2 = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
            With Sheets("Special Commission - With No CH").Range("A1:A" & Sheets("Special Commission - With No CH").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
                .AutoFilter 1, MyCell.Value
                On Error Resume Next
                .Offset(0).Resize(.Rows.Count - 0, 13).SpecialCells(12).Copy Sheets(MyCell.Value).Range("A6:A" & lrow2).Offset(2, 0)
                On Error GoTo 0
                .AutoFilter
            End With

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
From initial glance your problem looks to be you paste into Sheets(MyCell.Value) yet when you assign the lrow2 variable you dont state Sheets(MyCell.Value) so use activesheet. So change to :

VBA Code:
lrow2 = Sheets(MyCell.Value).Cells(Sheets(MyCell.Value).Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

Upvote 0
From initial glance your problem looks to be you paste into Sheets(MyCell.Value) yet when you assign the lrow2 variable you dont state Sheets(MyCell.Value) so use activesheet. So change to :

VBA Code:
lrow2 = Sheets(MyCell.Value).Cells(Sheets(MyCell.Value).Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

Thanks for the help, unfortunately, I still have the same issue where it will just paste into row 8 instead of two rows after the last row in the sheet :/

Upvote 0
You are offsetting 2 cells from the top of the range A6:Alrow2, hence the start at A8
You want to offset 2 cells from the bottom of that range.
So try

VBA Code:
.Offset(0).Resize(.Rows.Count - 0, 13).SpecialCells(12).Copy Sheets(MyCell.Value).Range("A" & lrow2).Offset(2, 0)

Upvote 0
Solution
You are offsetting 2 cells from the top of the range A6:Alrow2, hence the start at A8
You want to offset 2 cells from the bottom of that range.
So try

VBA Code:
.Offset(0).Resize(.Rows.Count - 0, 13).SpecialCells(12).Copy Sheets(MyCell.Value).Range("A" & lrow2).Offset(2, 0)

So strange, I swear I tried this and didn't work! ...must have not done something correctly.

However, this works perfectly - thank you very much!

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Thanks for the follow-up. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back