Copy paste workbooks with text 2 column

cortexnotion

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Evening

I'm after some help with a copy and paste from multiple workbooks to my master workbook. I need to:

- Open 4 workbooks in total and copy multiple columns of data to Master workbook - the range is dynamic so I need to find the last row in each column (don't think I have this right below)
- Close the workbooks in sequence - don't need to save the changes.
- Use Text to Column in Master workbook sheet "GISSTadmin" on Columns B,D,G,H,K,P,S from row 3 down to last 3 (need help with how to do this - Row 1 and 2 and merged so I can't do the entire column)

Many thanks

VBA Code:
Sub ProjectData()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Sheets("GISSTadmin").Visible = True

MsgBox "Would you like to continue?", vbOKCancel

Dim EUT As Workbook, GATED As Workbook, BLOCK As Workbook, IW66 As Workbook
Dim lngLastRow1 As Long, lngLastRow2 As Long, lngLastRow3 As Long, lngLastRow4 As Long

Set EUT = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\EUT.xls")
Set GATED = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\GATED.xls")
Set BLOCK = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\BLOCK.xls")
Set IW66 = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\IW66.xls")

lngLastRow1 = EUT.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B3").End(xlDown).Row
lngLastRow2 = GATED.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B3").End(xlDown).Row
lngLastRow3 = BLOCK.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B3").End(xlDown).Row
lngLastRow4 = IW66.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B3").End(xlDown).Row

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("A3:A & lngLastRow1).Value = EUT.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2:B & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("B3:B & lngLastRow1).Value = EUT.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C2:C & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("C3:C & lngLastRow1).Value = EUT.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("F2:F & lngLastRow1).Value
EUT.Close SaveChanges:=False

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("D3:D & lngLastRow1).Value = INCOMING.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("J3:J & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("E3:E & lngLastRow1).Value = INCOMING.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("F3:F & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("F3:F & lngLastRow1).Value = INCOMING.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("G3:G & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("G3:G & lngLastRow1).Value = INCOMING.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D3:D & lngLastRow1).Value
INCOMING.Close SaveChanges:=False

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("H3:H & lngLastRow1).Value = GATED.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("J3:J & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("I3:I & lngLastRow1).Value = GATED.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("F3:F & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("J3:J & lngLastRow1).Value = GATED.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("G3:G & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("K3:K & lngLastRow1).Value = GATED.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D3:D & lngLastRow1).Value
GATED.Close SaveChanges:=False

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("L3:L & lngLastRow1).Value = BLOCK.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("J3:J & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("M3:M & lngLastRow1).Value = BLOCK.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("F3:F & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("N3:N & lngLastRow1).Value = BLOCK.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("G3:G & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("O3:O & lngLastRow1).Value = BLOCK.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D3:D & lngLastRow1).Value
BLOCK.Close SaveChanges:=False

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("P3:P & lngLastRow1).Value = IW66.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("J3:J & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("Q3:Q & lngLastRow1).Value = IW66.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("F3:F & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("R3:R & lngLastRow1).Value = IW66.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("G3:G & lngLastRow1).Value
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("GISSTadmin").Range("S3:S & lngLastRow1).Value = IW66.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D3:D & lngLastRow1).Value
IW66.Close SaveChanges:=False

'Text to column code here

Sheets("GISSTadmin").Visible = False

MsgBox "Data refresh complete."

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back