Copy pasting formulas to values too slow

loco2k5

Hi all,

I am facing a problem when i try to simply copy paste formulas into values (for start i do this manually). In detail:

I have a series of formulas in a vertical range (let's say 30.000 rows, from B1 to B30000), that each contains a countifs formula of the following type:

=COUNTIFS(A$1:Axxxx;"Condition") where row is xxxx

Ofcourse it takes some time to calculate (approx 20s), but the problem is when i try to copy/paste it as values, where the time needed is usually more than 6-7 minutes (!).

Also, if i try to do the same in column C (with the same kind of formula, first copy/paste formulas and then copy/paste as values), it requires even more time (so even more than 7 mins for each paste).

I tried to run the formula in safe mode, and i also tried a simple loop macro with copy-pasting cell by cell (looping with an integer from rows 1 to 30000), but it even takes more time.

Any ideas? Thanks to all!

P.S. Using Excel 2007 SP2 with Win7 Ultimate 32b SP1 on an i5 @2.40GHz with 4GB RAM.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
What happens if you use this macro:

Code:
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
With [B1:B30000]
   .Value = .Value
End With
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the try.

Unfortunately, same result - the action again takes several minutes to complete, only change that the green bar loading says "Filling Cells" instead of "Paste Cells".

I have tried also with copy-pasting the range as values from a different book, or even putting the formula to run in a different book, and then use external links (from the original to the newly created book) and break them.

Still the results are the same...

Upvote 0
Can you reproduce the behavior on other computers?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzzlightyear

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back